Friday, January 4, 2008

THE (YELLOW) SNOWS OF KILIMANJARO ...!

                             

Ace Photographer Kovar regaled the crowd at 7th and Montana with further details of his upcoming trip to Kilimanjaro.  Kovar is shooting a documentary covering the exploits of Keats Boyd, a 7-year-old boy who aims to become the youngest person ever to reach the top of the 20,000-foot volcano.  In the words of Katie Couric, who aired a piece on Keats on tonight's CBS Evening News, "Keats has a climbing instinct like no monkey you've ever met."  To prepare for the adventure, Keats and his father, Bryan, have been practicing hiking for five miles a day in the Hollywood Hills.  As for Kovar, rumor has it he's been practicing urinating in a paper cup.  The expedition -- a fundraiser for The Jane Goodhall Institute and the Kids of Kilimanjaro -- leaves early next week.  Good luck, Kovar!     

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fascinating, I agree, good luck Kovar! what an adventure!

betty

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Kovar and to Keats!  I just read over at his website for a bit!!! How wonderful!  I am excited to see the documentary!  Very cool!  I think we will donate a little something too!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

How exciting for Kovar!  What an interesting story.

Anonymous said...

The world would be a better place if we all hiked five miles a day, now excuse me while I sip my full fat Starbucks latte. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

That's a really brave endeavor on the part of that boy! I hope it goes well. I'll be looking for that documentary!

Anonymous said...

yellow snow?how many people go up the mountain just for a pee?! Are they nuts? Beckie x

Anonymous said...

I've never actually "met" any monkeys, so I'll have to take their word for it. It's nice to see a parent let their kid just "go for it" when the child takes an interest in something. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an exciting expedition.  I can't imagine my 7 year old caring about such an endevor.
Traci