Saturday, January 5, 2008

SOUTH BY SOUTHWORST ...!

                   

It was the best of times, it was the Southworst of times aboard Southwest Flight #479 to Las Vegas this afternoon as I, once again, realized why I "never" fly Southwest.  The fun began when I arrived for my flight, which was supposed to leave at 10:15 a.m.  "It's delayed," said the Gate Agent, "We're currently showing a departure time of 12:10.  Why don't you check back with me at 11:30."  So, I walked across the aisle to Starbucks and drowned my sorrows in a Grande Half Caff.  When I returned at the appointed time to check status, the Gate Agent smiled at me and said, "Oh, your flight is long gone.  We ended up finding a new plane and boarded whoever we could find.  We'll try to get you on another flight."  "Hmmm," I replied, thinking of the luggage I had checked and the meetings I had scheduled.  To make a long story short, quite a few other people were in the same boat.  Then, again, maybe I would have gotten to Las Vegas faster if I took a boat ...!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And she had the nerve to smile!  EEEK!

Anonymous said...

What IDIOTS!!!!  OMG!!!!  I hope you went nuts on her... and got a first class upgrade.  {{ Marty }}

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

...a slow boat, for that matter!  Why do the airlines think they have to power to jingle jangle your life around??!!  Oh, because they do!  Good luck with your meetings!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Thats very bad customer service, I cant believe they could actually do that.Beckie x  

Anonymous said...

You could have driven there faster and with less bullshit. --Cin

Anonymous said...

I would have had me a gate person for lunch!!!  What was she thinking?!  I imagine you could have driven faster...
Traci