Wednesday, January 9, 2008

WAITER, THE MENU IS STARING AT ME ...!

                             

I don't know who looked more surprised last night, me or the fish that was wheeled to my table at Bartolotta restaurant at the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas where I hosted a business dinner.  Instead of a traditional "menu," the waiter brought over a collection of fish -- flown-in fresh from Italy -- for our inspection.  While I stared, goggle-eyed at the selection, the waiter suggested that we each start with their spectacular White Truffle Risotto appetizer.  "Marvelous, if they're fresh from Langhe, we'll each start with that," said one of the executives at my table.  Fish from Italy and Truffles from France ... now that's what I call a Wynn-Wynn combination ...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was served a whole fish eyes and all it would not be a win win situation for me! I recently was and asked it to be removed and the head cut off!! I don't mind pulling them out of the lake, head and all, but please not on a plate!!  Barb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a stellar dinner!  I love white truffle risotto, had it once at Palio, a few years back in NYC!  Mmmmm...  Ick on the fish staring at you though... I don't like to meet my food first!  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

LOL, Wyn Wyn!  I hope everyone at the table left satisfied even though they were eyed by what they'd be eating!  Have you been affected by the snows?

Anonymous said...

What...and you didn't even call me for dinner!  What a fabulous life you lead...Las Vegas, Wynn, imported fish, business dinners...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I'd say you ate well, if not interestingly!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I have to say that once we passed around pictures of the 4H steer we consumed for dinner.  Best steak I ever ate!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I've had white truffle risotto & I think I would have opted just for that. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

looks like those things would eat you for dinner. beckie x