Tuesday, March 4, 2008

APOCALYPSE NOW ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

                             

A Transcendental Trio arrived on the scene at 7th and Montana on Sunday, intent on introducing Susan to the Finer Points of their New Age Philosophy.  Their theory -- gleaned in part from their own Past Lives -- is that the world will undergo a "dramatic shift" in 2012.  Those who embrace Gaia (the Greek Earth Goddess) will inherit the Earth and achieve an Unparalleled State of Nirvana.  The rest of us will be quietly "relocated" to a Mystery Location, elsewhere in the Universe.  "I can't take much more of their philosophy," confided Susan as she saw me walking by.  "And it's not just me.  They've driven Poor Sophia crazy!"  Indeed, Sophia -- the Australian Bearded Dragon -- began furiously trying to claw her way into the pavement within an hour of meeting the Philosophical Trio.  For my part, I'm keeping an open mind.  I don't mind being relocated, as long as there's a Starbucks on the other side ...!     

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just watched a whole show on 2012 thingy...  Yeah... give me coffee and I will get thru anything!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I just love when people give a time table.  I'll be on my guard in 2012!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I guess it all boils down to what ever helps you sleep at nite, sheeesha! I'm forever amazed at the dooms-Day sayers who have all of these loffty ideas but not one practical solution...Yep!...Count me in on the StarBucks line-up for coffee, I'll even forgo the double shot and two raw that I usually go for!...Who knows, maybe good ole "Mother Nature" herself will be serving it up! Coffee is a very natural type brew...Isn't it?

Anonymous said...

what happened to the world ending in 2000?? exactly.Beckie x

Anonymous said...

LOLOL...you poor guys!  I try to be tolerant, but...geez. ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I've been located to the other side this week. Thank God, it's the weekend!
Gaz ;-)
PS, what size are those coffee cups in the photo. 5 litres? Gawd