Thursday, March 6, 2008

THE BALD AND THE BEAUTIFUL AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

It was a case of "The Bald and the Beautiful" at Our Favorite Starbucks this morning as a Beautiful, Young Woman charmed her way to the front of the line and a free cup of coffee.  The Soap Opera began when the woman-in-question bypassed a long line of customers and threw herself on the mercy of an Unsuspecting Dupe standing by the counter.  "Sir, I'm in a terrible hurry," she said, "Could you buy my coffee for me?"  The Dupe (pictured here) obliged, only to set off a storm of controversy as the customers standing behind him, led by Local Newshound Dennis, started complaining loudly.  For my part, I can't help wondering, was the woman-in-question really in more of a rush than everyone else ... or was she simply telling a Bald Faced Lie?!? 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the grest free coffee hustle to me! Beckie x

Anonymous said...

I vote for the lie!  Some nerve.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Wait - all I have to do is slap some makeup on and pretend to be in a hurry and I get free coffee?!  Hot Damn, I am THERE!  LOL

~Amy

Anonymous said...

To say the least! ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

I think they were just jealous, and afterall, God don't grow grass on playgrounds!

Anonymous said...

LOL... you never know... do you!  Next time I hope to meet you for a latte in NYC!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

He was just being kind and helping a young lady out................. Wow, I'm in a good mood today.
Gaz ;-)