Monday, March 24, 2008

FACING A FACELIFT AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

The Verdict is in:  After months of speculation, Our Favorite Starbucks is getting a Facelift, meaning it will be closed from Monday to Wednesday this week while a construction crew works round-the-clock on a major renovation.  Rumor has it that some of the changes -- including new wall panels, more interior seating and extra power outlets -- come directly from the Top.  Local reaction was predictable.  "What are we supposed to do when you're closed,?" I asked, "Walk an entire block to the Starbucks at Lincoln and Montana?!?"  Barista Trina looked me straight in the eye, offered to grind some beans for me and suggested I try making coffee at home on a trial basis.  Thanks, but no thanks.  I have enough trials this week as it is.  I've been summoned for Jury Duty ...!   

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you asked them to put some extra lighting in so you can see what you're eating?............. Hmmm, might not be a good idea if it's the apple fritter or Merrick muffin though.
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh no...the nearest Starbucks is a whole block away! Do they know about your blog? heh heh...I doubt that other Starbucks cn compete with yours for characters and fun people. (And cute reptiles.) --Cin

Anonymous said...

Good luck with jury duty and the extra block walk!!!!  lol  Can't wait to see pics of the renovation!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

The 'bucks at Lincoln and Montana is a mixed blessing...that it exists and was open at 6:30 a.m. today (as I was headed to a very early meeting) is a really good thing.  That it smells funky inside...reminiscent of melting electrical conduit (I think it's from the gadgets they use to heat the breakfast bits in)...almost induces a gag reflex.  I'm longing for 7th and Montana to re-open, and hopefully, it will have retained its ambience.  Cheers! Susan

Oh, yes...back to the soapbox...Californians...did you know that 48 out of less than 200 State parks are slated to be closed, including Will Rogers and Topanga State Park?  Please go on to the Save Our State Parks website--www.savestateparks.org/, fill in your name and zip code, and a pre-written letter (you may write your own, if you wish) will be automatically sent to your State Assemblyperson and Senator, based on your zip code, asking them to vote against the closures.  The better option is to lower each each state park budget by 10%, and leave them ALL open!  Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You know that in the 42 years I've been around I've never been called for jury duty?  Lucky I'd say...
Whatever will you do for 3 days?  A whole block?!  Oh me.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Decision making...withOUT...caffine!...nope,not for me...Kit

Anonymous said...

a nip and tuck is just what you need.Beckie x