Saturday, March 1, 2008

KETTLEBELLS ARE RINGING AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

    

Robin made the scene at 7th and Montana this morning, still aglow from her latest workout at the Fitness Factory in West Hollywood, where she exercises alongside the likes of Scarlett Johansson and Hugh Jackman.  What new Fitness Regimen could possibly compel her to cross the 26th Street Mason-Dixon Line out of Santa Monica?  It's called Kettlebells and Robin swears by them.  "It's quite a workout," she said, "It involves lifting big, metal balls.  After my first session, I couldn't walk for four days."  Kettlebells are castiron weights resembling cannonballs with handles.  Russian Athletes have used them for years to increase their strength, endurance and agility.  I guess this means that Robin will be in Tip-Top Shape this Summer.  Either that, or she'll grow a mustache and have to change her name to "Olga" ...!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!  Olga... remember the Wendy's commercial... 'Swimwear!' with the big russian women models!  lol

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I'd rather just put the kettle on for a nice cuppa Tea.
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'd rather just put the kettle on for a nice cuppa Tea.
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

OH that sounds like soooo much fun.  Sign me up - NOT!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Now I know where Paula Sandsone got the idea for the weighted balls!  I love Paula's tapes BTW.  

Anonymous said...

Couldn't walk for four days?  No thank you.  I like my couch/remote/kitchen/couch workout very much.  Now during the summer, we do a lot outdoors with the dogs but here in INDIANA, it's not warm all year round.  ;)  Trust me, if we could be in Santa Monica, we WOULD be!  California is much more dog friendly that just about any other state but it's ridiculous expensive to live out there.  By the way, my husband wants to know how he can be a tester for new sony products.  LOL  I said that's they last time I tell you about the blogs I read!
Jamie

Anonymous said...

At the very least she will be in top shape to arm wrestle the rest of you....Lifting those things is bound to make your arms huge.(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

im just glad they are not hairy balls she has to lift??beckie x

Anonymous said...

Looks like they make a lethal weapon too...if you can lift them!
xoxo ~Myra
ps: love the Olga joke :)

Anonymous said...

Hehehe...I actually know what these are!  My dad was a wrestler in college.  His university used them.  Very difficult. ;)  C.