Wednesday, March 26, 2008

STINKIN' LINCOLN STARBUCKS ...!

 

It was a Comedy of Errors this morning at the Starbucks at Lincoln and Montana as dozens of refugees from 7th Street were greeted by "the Cashier from Planet Xanax."  I first knew something was wrong on Monday when it took the Cashier-in-Question several minutes -- and a brief consultation with a colleague -- to calculate the change he owed me.  I had given him exact change.  While some say his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top, local experts have a different theory.  "Maybe he's high," joked Elevator Repairman Jeff.  Personally, I think he's just bored ... and who can blame him?  Nothing exciting seems to happen at Lincoln and Montana.  It was so quiet this morning, I found myself asking Jeff, "So, what's new in the world of Elevator Repair ...?!?"  Evidently, like everything else, it has its ups and downs ... 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... I guess he never had anyone give exact change before!  LOL  Planet Xanax... ups and downs... you are full of the quips today, Marty!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Maybe the guy is missing home. Longing for Spring Time on Planet Xanax, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you one the "Bored" theory. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Oh  the groaners are killing me tonight!!!!
Traci

Anonymous said...

With acne like that, I'm surprised he turned up for work at all!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

In his defence i get exactly the same problem sometimes after a particually quiet night at work, my brain goes into sleep mode before i am actually asleep and the simplest of transactions completely baffles me! Beckie.x

Anonymous said...

LOL, you are too funny.