Wednesday, March 5, 2008

BIG APPLE, BIG CHOCOLATE FIX ...!

                             

I'm in New York for an industry meeting today but something tells me that there won't be any Big Apples on the menu this time.  My hotel, the Crowne Plaza in Times Square, is right next to a Hershey's Chocolate Store featuring a 16-story chocolate bar and across the street from M&M World, a candy emporium selling nothing but M&Ms.  Not so long ago, Times Square was considered dangerous.  Now it looks like Candyland and smells like Hot Chocolate.  Who knows, maybe all this "revitalization" is really just a conspiracy from the American Dental Association ...!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooh gosh, I can see it now! I've always been a Chock-O-hallic from the word GO. So it's not to much of a stretch of my imagination  to picture myself all burnt out and crazzzzzzed in Time Square...Be safe...and happy globe trotting my friend.....Kit

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!  How many days will you be in the city??? You are right... I love those stores!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I think I liked it better when it was dangerous.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh chocolate.  Good stuff!
Traci

Anonymous said...

id be lethal, i wouldnt fit in my plane seat on the journey home and would be stuck in customs cus my enlarged head would look nothing like my passport photo beckie xx the british chocoholic :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...Eve's love...:::wicked giggle:::..."apples"...chocolate...shopping...  Have a safe trip. ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

I believe in miracles, where ya from, youuu sexy thang........... Didn't hot chocolate sing that song?
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

We have a bread factory a few miles from here and driving past it in the summer is like breathing in heaven.  I think it's the best smelling place in all of corn country Indiana.
Jamie