Saturday, March 28, 2009

THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL BEGINS -- OR ENDS -- AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was "politics, politics" at 7th and Montana this morning as Our Favorite City Councilman -- pictured above at last year's Democratic National Convention with Sis, Maria -- addressed growing speculation that he'll run for California State Attorney General next year. "So what's it going to be?," I asked, "Are you running?" "Well, I'm seriously considering it," he said, "But at the moment I'm sort of leaning against it." The fact is, Bobby just had a baby recently and the prospect of all that time away from home isn't necessarily appealing. "Tell you what," I said, "If you throw your hat into the ring, I'll be your 7th and Montana Campaign Manager." "Right," he laughed, "If I lose this Starbucks it will be all your fault!" I didn't have the heart to tell him that the last candidate who made me his "Starbucks Precinct Manager" suffered a humiliating defeat three years ago in his bid for State Assembly.

5 comments:

garnett109 said...

thanks for the info marty i was going to run for 7th and montana's april fool but with you running my campaign I have no chance

Beth said...

Are you saying you're the Kiss of Death, Marty? Gee, and you seem like such a pleasant guy. ;)

Hugs, Beth

emikk said...

With a campaign slogan of 2 fritters in every garage and with your help Marty he's sure to win!

Ken Riches said...

If I ever want to have a ballot issue get defeated, you are my man - I will ask you to support it :o)

Anonymous said...

I hope this guy isn't another liberal. Since Dems took over America looks like Stahlin Russia - not to mention that cop killers are being paraded as martyrs. STOP LIBERAL TYRANNY