Thursday, March 26, 2009

DELIVERANCE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was a quiet morning at 7th and Montana today. In fact, it was almost too quiet. The sun was shining, people were smiling and, wherever you turned, the conversation was flowing as freely as the coffee. "This is unacceptable," I muttered after nearly eight minutes, "Someone, for the love of God, do something Zany!" And then, there it was, like a bolt out of the blue, Deliverance. An Anonymous Hillbilly made the scene carrying a bag of garbage in one hand and hoisting a guitar over his shoulder with the other. "Cover me, I'm going in for a close-up," I announced. "Be careful," warned Joyce, "He might use that guitar as a weapon." Seriously, what's the world coming to when we have to live in fear of Deadly Guitars? What's next, Dueling Banjos ...?!?

8 comments:

Myra said...

Be careful what you ask for...you just might get it!

garnett109 said...

I bet he can make you squeal like a pig!

Beth said...

I've never told you this, Marty...but you shore got a purty mouth. ;)

Lynne said...

LOL, has anyone ever dubbed you the "King of Puns".

emikk said...

I bet he ordered an apple fritter.

Unknown said...

My Grandmother always said be careful what you pray for...in your can wish for...you just might get it.

Bookncoffee said...

Hey, this looks like my boss with a beard! lol Hope you have a nice evening, Marty.

Ken Riches said...

Not even going there :o)