Monday, March 9, 2009

A SIGN OF THE TIMES ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was a sign of the times this morning at 7th and Montana as an Anonymous Entrepreneur posted his version of a "help wanted" sign in front of Our Favorite Starbucks. "Earn CEO Income from Home!," the sign proclaimed. I decided to put the "opportunity" to the test by calling for more information, but all I got for my efforts was a recorded message. "This is the perfect, home-based opportunity," the message began. "You can earn $3,000 to $5,000 per week with no experience necessary ... all thanks to our Remarkable, Proven Marketing System!" Nowhere was there any mention of the name of the company or what the job entails. I left a message, using my very best Crotchety Curmudgeon voice. "Greetings," I croaked, "I'm so tired of stealing newspapers from Starbucks and riding a bike at my age doesn't do much for my Lumbago. I'm ready for a CEO salary. Please send me all the details!" The sad fact is, signs like this are popping-up all over the place and -- let's face it -- people are cutting back like never before. Why, just this morning Neighbor Robb made a Drastic Cutback of his own, slicing his pant-legs off above the ankle. "Interesting pants you have there," I said, sympathetically. "Don't you dare," he replied, casting a sideways glance towards my Camera Phone, "These are my Work Out pants!" Something tells me either Robb's been working out on the Flood Plains of Mozambique or he, too, could use a CEO salary ...!

5 comments:

garnett109 said...

We have those signs plastered all over pa.

My sign says i'll work for food, mortgage and health care!

Lynne said...

LOL, now that was too funny.

Ken Riches said...

It is easy to make a lot of CEO's pay working from home, because they have been fired :o)

Rose said...

Cool pants! LOL

Those CEOs have plenty that they stole from everyone!

Hugs, Rose

Beth said...

Marty, you never fail to make me laugh. "Working out on the flood plains of Mozambique." Hee heee!

And I see that Robb's "don't you dare" was to no avail!

The more I think about it, I think that just might be your superpower: the ability to root out the truth and right injustices with a click of your camera phone...!

Love, Beth