Monday, March 16, 2009

"MERELY A FLESH WOUND" ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Folks breathed a collective sigh of relief this morning as a local Emergency Medical Technician brought us up-to-speed on the latest "brush with death" at 7th and Montana. Evidently, just days after the grisly discovery of a corpse in our midst, a local pedestrian was struck by a car. "Fortunately, it wasn't anything major," I overheard the EMT explaining to an attractive young woman, "This guy was just hit by a car, that's all." I couldn't resist interjecting. "Did I just hear you say someone was hit by a car?!?," I asked. The EMT looked at me suspiciously. "Yes, but it just grazed him, that's all," he replied, "He was obviously a drunk, unsteady on his feet ... He said all he needed to steady himself would be a pint of whiskey!" Is it my imagination, or is Our Favorite Starbucks fast becoming a Half Caff Halfway House ...?

9 comments:

Beth said...

If I were hit by a car, I think I'd resent it if someone said "that's all."

Myra said...

Kind of cavalier, dontchathink? "Just got hit by a car", is still getting hit by a car!

Unknown said...

I'm more conserned with the fact that no one seem to give a good G-D simply because the guy might be drunk!

emikk said...

This EMT or whatever, where's he coming from anyway?

Ken Riches said...

A pint, I may need to try one of more of those tomorrow :o)

Happy St. Patties Day :o)

Unknown said...

Drunk or no, the man is still a human being. I wouldn't wish to have that EMT working on me.

garnett109 said...

Marty let me know when they start serving Irish Creme there at 7Th & Montana!
Happy St. Patrick's Day Too You!

Rose said...

Bad choice of words from the EMT!

Hugs,Rose

Sage Ravenwood said...

It wouldn't surprise me. Coffee is the elixir of sanity when trying to sober up. (Hugs)Indigo