Sunday, March 22, 2009

SCRUB-A-DUB, DUB ... AT AU BON PAIN ...!


Eyes were popping at the Au Bon Pain near Boston's Brigham and Women's Hospital as a Surgeon in Scrubs made the scene, scrutinized the Pastry Display and took copious notes in a Mysterious Clipboard. "What's he doing?," I wondered as I watched him inspect a particularly appealing Glazed Cinnamon Roll, "Drumming-up future business?!?" Then I looked at the prices and was relieved to see a Cardiac Surgeon on the premises. Au Bon Pain is the closest thing to a Starbucks near my father's hospital room. No doubt the Good Doctor was inspecting the premises for any signs of an Apple Fritter ...!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, remind me of my time @ Mass General. One of us would be send out for coffee and we used a clipboard to keep everyone's order's straight :)

emikk said...

It's good to see our surgeons eating nutritiously.

garnett109 said...

Just making sure the help staff is not passing Mercer's Infection to the fritters!

Lynne said...

LOL, apple fritters! Somehow I don't think I'll ever be able to look at them again without a bit of nauseum, lol.

Beth said...

And right after this picture, the good doc ducked back into the OR with sweet treats for everyone!

(Oh no he didn't!)

Hugs, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Marty, you are killing me with this entry :o)

barb said...

now, marty, those apple fritters are good!!

Myra said...

Too funny!!