Thursday, May 21, 2009

THE AGONY OF DA FEET ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA

It was "Toot, Toot, Tootsie, Hello" at 7th and Montana yesterday as an Anonymous Newcomer decided that her feet deserved a chair of their own. I might not have noticed but for the fact that she pushed her makeshift footstool close to my table, crossed one leg over the other and -- how do I put this kindly? -- she smelled like low tide. Moments after sitting down, she called someone on her cell phone and left a message: "Hey, honey," she said, "I hope you're awake. I'm just calling to make sure you got out of bed!" Lady, let me give you some unsolicited advice: Go shove your feet in "honey's" face. If that doesn't wake him up, nothing will ...!

8 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

It always amuses me how some people can make themselves at home anywhere, without regard for anyone else. (Hugs)Indigo

garnett109 said...

Low Tide Huh?
Were the seagulls flocking?

Beth said...

Urgh! I hope the odor didn't transfer to the chair.

Ken Riches said...

You can almost see the odor arising, like brown steam clouds :o)

Amy said...

aurgh.....rank flip flops! gross! Throw those things in the washer with a load of towels or something, you know?!

Unknown said...

Oh sweetheart, Now that was funny! You took me right there, and reminded me of my little brother. He had the worst feet! I sware if when he took off his socks he were to throw them against the wall THEY WOULD HAVE STUCK! Dried out they would have shattered!...I do belive he's out grown it, (gosh, I hope so anyway)__=^..^=__Kittie

emikk said...

I would not be suprised if she also had, uggh, toenail fungus! (i think i spotted some in the picture). in which case, Marty, you better run like hell and call the hazmat squad!

Saltydawg said...

You ever poured hot coffee over someones feet? I tell ya, never seen em move so fast....
Gaz ;-)