Sunday, May 24, 2009

EXTRA, EXTRA ... AT THE BEVERLY HILLS LIBRARY!

Extra, Extra: Read all About it! Kathy's Top Secret Video went into production today and, surprisingly enough, I had a part in it ... as an Extra. Several months ago, Kathy laughed out loud at the notion that I might be a Romantic Lead. More recently, she suggested that I don't even have the acting chops to play a Corpse. Today, however, she needed Extras for a location shoot at the Beverly Hills Library and both Genevieve and I were happy to oblige. My role was to walk up and down the stairs repeatedly with my head buried in a book. I was supposed to be reading Ladies of Liberty: The Women Who Shaped Our Nation by Cokie Roberts. However, when no one was looking, I shoved that book back on the shelf and chose something more appropriate for my "big break": I Am Potential by Patrick Henry Hughes. Meanwhile, Genevieve -- whose role was to walk down the steps as I was walking up -- was apparently something of a Flop. The Sound Crew said that her Flip Flops were making too much noise. By the end of the shoot, she, too had picked-up a new book: Hot and Bothered by Jane Isenberg.

4 comments:

Joann said...

Genevieve should have taken her flip flops off. Cybil Shepherd almost never wears shoes on the set... oh wait a minute... she's never ON A SET!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Lynne said...

LOL, too funny! I bet it was a wonderful experience! Nice she has such great friends as back-ups in a pinch!

Ken Riches said...

Don't give up your day job :o)

Beth said...

I hope we eventually get a link so we can see you in action! Did you reenact the stairway scene from "Hollywood Boulevard"? That would have been too tempting for me! :)