Saturday, May 9, 2009

A TASTE OF FRANCE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was a Taste of France at 7th and Montana this morning as Howard and Cathy regaled the crowd with stories of their recent trip to Paris. Hunter -- a.k.a. Frank O'Phile -- joined the crowd and, voila, faster than you can say Parlez-vous Francais, the whole table was speaking French. That is, except me. I smiled and nodded a lot. You see, I took Spanish instead of French in school. At the time, I remember thinking it was more practical. More countries speak Spanish than French and, even in the U.S. Spanish is more commonly spoken than French. But, let's face it, French sounds more dignified. Anyhow, after about 10 or 15 minutes, I finally decided it was time to clear the Frog in my throat. "You know," I said, "All this Pompidou and Champs Elysees is interesting, but I have to admit, for me it's like taking a long walk down the Avenue de la Ignoramus." Besides, who needs the Arc de Triomphe when you have Casa del Bozo ...!

5 comments:

garnett109 said...

I took 2 years of french and I can't rememberany of it!
Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Beth said...

Oui oui! Wait, I think that was another entry, the one about the backed-up toilet....

emikk said...

should we pardon your french?

Ken Riches said...

Good thing you did not ask for spicey mustard, you might have started a scandal.

Webster said...

Hmm, all I remember is Merde, alors. Alas - Oh! and cafe au lait s'il vous plait/s (can't remember which.)