Thursday, May 28, 2009

AN EMBARRASSMENT OF RICHES ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA

It was a busy morning at 7th and Montana today, so much so that I needed expert advice from Screenwriter Nat about what to put in my blog. "I'm torn," I told him, "Should I go with the Wombat in a Pith Helmet or the Amazing Dogboy?" "I don't know how you do it," Nat commented, "If it weren't for your blog, I don't think I'd realize just how many crazies there are around here!" I paused to think of a suitable reply and then -- as if on cue -- the silence was broken by the arrival of Yet Another Loon in our midst. Rigolatte (pictured above), the man known for walking in and out of Our Favorite Starbucks belting out Wagnerian Opera tunes, strolled by practicing his scales. "Seriously," Nat continued, "It's amazing how you just point your cell phone at these people and they don't seem to care or notice." "Just a minute," I replied, "More duty calls." The Boy Named Sue -- our Friendly, Neighborhood Cross-Dresser -- had just arrived, sporting a bold, new look. Gone were the purple poncho, black miniskirt and prosthetic boobs. In their place were a pair of Capri Pants and Dance Shoes. "Wow," said Nat, "I almost didn't recognize him. He looks almost normal today." Yes, Nat, but normal doesn't count at 7th and Montana ...!


4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Awwww, you mentioned us in the title, how sweet :o)

emikk said...

7th and montana seems to attract crazies, it's almost like if you go there, you are a crazy....is this a true statement?

garnett109 said...

We are getting overpopulated here with crazies I'll send more out to you!

Beth said...

Do you ever feel like you'll become a part of the zoo, or continue being an observer of the menagerie? Tread cautiously, my friend! ;)