Thursday, March 18, 2010

ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY CHICKEN ... AT THE BEVERLY WILSHIRE HOTEL


It was a case of "assault with a deadly chicken" today at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel as my lunch, a plate of 'banquet chicken,' went on the offensive. "Here we go, again ... Banquet Chicken," I muttered to the person sitting next to me, a fellow attendee at the same industry event. But when I stuck my fork into the chicken, all bets were off. It squirted me with a steady stream of hot liquid that flew out from the chicken, made a graceful arc over the edge of the table and landed on my lap. "Yikes," said my table-mate, "Your lunch is putting up a hell of a fight!" The waiter (pictured below) tried to downplay the incident but I, for one, suspect Fowl Play ...!

6 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Hope you did not squawk to much.

Beth said...

The chicken knows...it's eat or be eaten! I'm guessing you finally got the better of it.

Unknown said...

It went out swinging....ah spitting... gota give the chickie that much :)

Webster said...

That is the most garish chicken ever! I do hope you had your cloth napkin strategically placed. cluck, cluck.

Marty said...

Hi Webster,
To answer your question, yes I had a napkin on my lap but -- unfortunately -- the volume of liquid was too much for it and my pants got soaked. I walked around for the rest of the day with a chicken juice stain.
Best,
Marty

barb said...

THANK GOODNESS IT WASN'T BOILING HOT OR YOU WOULD HAVE HAD MORE THAN WET PANTS!!!GLAD YOU DIDN'T GET BURNED---WAS THE CHICKEN GOOD? BARB