Thursday, March 11, 2010

POLITICS, POLITICS IN KYOTO ...

It was Politics, Politics in Kyoto this morning as an unusual van decked out with bullhorns pulled up in front of me, and two men climbed on the roof and began shouting in Unison and waving wildly at passersby. I smiled as if I understood them, gave them a thumbs-up and continued on my merry way. It wasn't until later that I learned what they were doing: They were campaigning for a local senator, Shoji Nishida, who is running for office on a platform emphasizing the beauty in nature. Personally, I think his message would be more convincing without the bullhorns.

2 comments:

Paula said...

They like white. Yesterday it was rain coats, today its bumbershoots.

Ken Riches said...

With the population density, bullhorns most likely get a lot of the population. Looking forward to some food entries :o)