Thursday, November 4, 2010

AND ME WITHOUT MY SPYCAM ...!


It was Hollywood meets the U.K. tonight at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts' annual Britannia Awards and -- for the first time at any Hollywood event -- I didn't have my Spycam on me. You see, the event invitation was specific: "No cell phones or cameras allowed." Since I was representing my company, I didn't want to create a scene. So, there I was, together with Kathy, surrounded by celebrities but without my trusty Spycam. Not only were the award winners -- Betty White, Jeff Bridges, Tony and Ridley Scott, Michael Sheen and Chris Nolan -- milling about, but tons of other Hollywood heavyweights were there as well, including Kevin Spacey, Dakota Fanning, Valerie Bertinelli and Wendie Malick. At one point, Producer Harvey Weinstein whipped out his cell phone and I was tempted to knock it out of his hands. Then he yelled "Hey, Frenchie!" across the room and Actress Marion Cotillard came over and gave him a big hug. By far, the funniest line of the evening, however, came from Bette White, who won the Charlie Chaplin Award for Excellence in Comedy. After delivering a heartwarming acceptance speech, she held the statue aloft and said, "No matter what you've heard, Chuck Chaplin and I never had a relationship." Then she kissed the statue and added, "Well, maybe one time ...!" Wire photos from the event can be found here: Britannia Awards. The ceremony airs Sunday night on the TV Guide Network.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Thanks for the report even without your spycam. I like Betty White.