Wednesday, November 17, 2010

PETAL POWER ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


They say the early bird gets the worm, but every so often I've found that the early bird gets a photo opportunity, instead. Today I woke up extra early and was rewarded with a fleeting glimpse of the Yellow Breasted Booby, a rare specimen who zips up and down 7th Street every morning at the crack of dawn in a bike festooned with plastic flowers and stuffed animals. For months, I've made it a personal mission to get a photo of her in mid-flight and for months she's eluded me. But today I was ready. I saw her pedaling towards me, got my Spycam into position and ran discretely alongside her as she crossed San Vicente. "Nice plastic flowers!," I yelled, "and I like your stuffed animals, too!" She just looked at me out of the corner of her eye and pedaled faster, leaving me in the dust. I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers ...!

4 comments:

garnett109 said...

and you got some exercise too!

Paula said...

Did you try speaking Spanish?

Ken Riches said...

You need to get a Segway :o)

Webster said...

You were running after her .... She probably thought YOU were a crazy loon!