Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BAH, HUMBUG ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Yule never guess what happened this morning at 7th and Montana: Christmas arrived. Yes, it's true. Starbucks is ringing-in -- and ringing-up -- the holidays with the return of the Peppermint Frappuccino, the Gingerbread Latte and the Egg Nog Latte. "Oh, Joy," said one insider, "Now the only thing left to wish for is Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards Men!" "Not to worry," I replied, "Starbucks will deliver that, too ... for a price." Indeed, between now and January anyone who buys a warm beverage gets a snazzy, new holiday message on their cup: "I talked to a stranger once over coffee ... we're not strangers any longer." I defy the folks at Starbucks headquarters to put this message to the test at 7th and Montana. Something tells me they could yak all day with some of the characters at Our Favorite Starbucks and they'd still be just as strange ...!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

X-mas came last week to our Starbucks. Going to SB to meet with friends; Peppermint mocha calling my name.

Ken Riches said...

At least they waited until after Halloween.

Paula said...

I'm always giving gift card for Starbucks to relatives and I've never been in one. Am I strange or what?

Anonymous said...

they need to wait until Noember 25th before rolling out Christmas cups. I am not even sure about thanksgiving yet... 30 days is plenty of notice for christmas. Either that or make thanksgiving cups in november, and stop using them the day after thanksgiving and switch to red cups. we dont need any more cups. Or have a universal "holiday" cup that celebrates all holidays.