Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A BRIEF, COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTION ...


I usually don't like to mix work-related topics with my blog, but I was involved in an event yesterday that was so cool I thought it was worth mentioning here. Director James Cameron joined us at a special event to give an insider's perspective on why he likes Blu-ray. Even for someone like me, who has been talking about Blu-ray for years, his remarks were inspiring. "I love Blu-ray," he said, "It's the image quality, it's the color, it's the quality control, it's everything about the image that's so vibrant." He also gave us a sneak peek at some new Avatar footage he's created that will appear on the upcoming Blu-ray collector's edition of Avatar. The whole thing had me a-twitter, literally: I used my Spycam to twitter from the event to my company's news blog, proving once and for all that a Spycam can be used for good as well as evil ...!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I personaly really enjoy listening to someone who can get excited about the work they do. And I agree. Blu-ray is not just an improvement on visuals, it's visual art.

Webster said...

I don't even have a digital TV! I figure my vision is so crappy it couldn't possibly make that much of a difference. Wah.

Ken Riches said...

May need to consider an upgrade to Blu-Ray.