Friday, December 3, 2010

HIGH STYLE ... AT THE MONTANA HOLIDAY WALK

It was Hats Off to the Montana Avenue Merchants Association tonight for hosting the annual Montana Avenue Holiday Walk in high style. Indeed, some of the participants -- like the woman pictured above -- must have been high as a kite. What else would possess someone to parade around town wearing a hat made of Gargantuan Christmas Tree Ornaments? Then, again, 7th and Montana has always been a bastion of good taste. Just this morning, I finally worked up the courage to commend one local gentleman on his fine taste in plastic boutonnieres. "What an elegant fashion statement," I said. "Well," he replied, "I'm inspired by the Hollywood Classics." "I can see that," I said, "It's the classic kind of look you see on old TV shows." I didn't have the heart to tell him it was usually on The Three Stooges and squirted seltzer water at the push of a button ...!


4 comments:

Paula said...

I remember those flowers that squirt water.

emikk said...

Didn't they make those flowers with secret cameras as well? There's an old school idea for your spycam!

Rose said...

I love how you were able to color that man's face in red!

Yes, that would be a fabulous idea for your spycam indeed! LOL

Ken Riches said...

The clown in me loves this entry.