Monday, December 27, 2010

HOLY HUCK-A-BEE ... ON 6th STREET!


Tarnation! There's a dead ringer for Huck Finn in town and I'll be hornswoggled if his straw hat ain't enough to make you say "Hee Haw." I caught up with the would-be Huck today near the FedEx office on 6th Street and -- take it from me -- he left his brain somewhere in the Antebellum Period. "Howdy, that's some hat," I said. He looked at me and -- in a voice not unlike Mickey Mouse's sidekick, Goofy -- he let out an enormous guffaw. Poor Huck. On the one hand, there's his hat. On the other, there's good fashion sense. Something tells me, never the Twain shall meet ...!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Are you sure it wasn't the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz? Maybe he was looking for a brain in the dumpster.

Hope you had a great holiday, Marty!

emikk said...

Fortunately, we need people like this individual to set the extremes of biological entities we know as humans!