Thursday, December 9, 2010

SOME NICE RECOGNITION


I normally don't like to mix work with my blog, but I had the honor of participating in an event on Monday evening that was pretty amazing. One of the industry groups I'm involved in, the Blu-ray Disc Association, was inducted into the Home Entertainment Hall of Fame. The BDA includes more than 160 companies -- consumer electronics manufacturers, movie studios, computing companies -- who have been working for years to develop and market Blu-ray technology. Here is a link to a brief item on the event from Variety, which organizes the event every year. They were also nice enough to provide me with this photo (caption info is in the link to their article). My company's news blog, Pulse, also ran an item on the event as well as an interview with me about another interesting new trend in home entertainment, Connected Televisions. The Hall of Fame marked a real milestone. In my speech, I compared milestones to kidney stones, but this particular milestone was much more of a pleasure ...!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. That sounds like a rather exiting evening. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Love the photo! Congratulations, Marty. -Cin

Paula said...

I'm glad you did mix your work with your blog this time. Congrats and the photo is very nice.

Mike said...

Congrats. Very cool.

kathy40 said...

Well done, Marty! And the milestone joke was a good one.

Ken Riches said...

Congrats, you deserve some recognition.