Sunday, December 19, 2010

SHIVER ME RINGTONES ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Ahoy there, mateys! Captain Dreadlocks -- part-time scourge of the seven seas and part-time local loon -- made the scene at 7th and Montana this morning after a hiatus of nearly a year. And he brought his latest booty with him, too: a defective cell phone which he was examining in great detail with a magnifying glass. Not much has changed about the Good Captain in the past year: Same sportcoat, same shocking white dreadlocks, same patch over his right eye. Even his aroma -- a scent I like to call "Essence of Poopdeck" -- was the same. I went in for a closer look. "Hey there," I said, whipping out my Spycam, "It looks like you're really interested in that cell phone." Indeed, he had taken it completely apart and spread the pieces across the table like a pile of gold doubloons. "I'm just trying to figure out the serial number," he said in a spotless English accent, "But I can't quite see it ... maybe you can help?" I read the numbers to him out loud and thought that was the end of it. But who knows ... maybe once he gets the silly thing working, I'll have some "Spycam" competition on my hands ...!

6 comments:

Paula said...

Is that a red carnation in his lapel or am I seeing things?

Marty said...

Hi Paula -- Nope ... not a carnation. It's a handkerchief.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

I need to buy conditioner.

Anonymous said...

Marty, I find it so hard to believe that your Starbucks on 7th & Montana Ave., which is a very desirable area in Santa Monica, has so many Looney's that congregate to this location. I would expect more of these entertaining characters to assemble in the Venice area.
Do you have any thoughts on this?
It certainly is not for the Apple Fritters.

Marty said...

Hi Anon,
Good question. I have no idea why so many "loons" congregate at 7th and Montana. Maybe I should conduct a "why are we loony?" poll. Will keep you posted.
Best,
Marty

Ken Riches said...

Serial Numbers, something nefarious may be afoot?