Thursday, June 25, 2009

EDITORIAL FEEDBACK ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

It was Judgement Day for my blog this morning at 7th and Montana as Kathy and Genevieve made the scene with some editorial advice for me. "We need to talk," said Kathy, "It's about your Blog." "What's up?," I asked, playing dumb. "Well, you're making the whole neighborhood look strange," she continued, "Enough with the Wikipedia of the Weird. Can't you balance things out with some normal stories?" "Hold that thought ... duty calls," I said. An Anonymous Clodhopper walked in the door wearing an Upside Down Visor. "Seriously," Kathy continued, "You've been missing some good Human Interest Items, lately." We were interrupted again, this time by Barista Tyler. "Yoo Hoo," he yelled from behind the Espresso Machine, "You're missing a Big Story: I only shaved half my face today!" "Not again," I snapped, "I told you last time, that's only blogworthy when you let it grow for another few weeks." I turned back to Kathy and Genevieve. "I'll tell you what," I said, "I'll add some more normalcy into my blog, starting today." Here goes:

Shock waves rippled across 7th and Montana this morning as Kathy (pictured above) unveiled a bold, new hairdo. "It's called a Brazilian Blowout," she explained, "If I'd known about this, I would have done it years ago!" The secret, experts say, is in the conditioning agent. Stylists use a special, formaldehyde-free formulation to smooth the hair, leaving it with plenty of volume and body. "You leave the salon with beautiful, frizz-free hair with amazing shine," say the experts at PremiumGradeHair.com. Kathy will be sporting her new "do" tomorrow in Denver at the International Society for the Study of Subtle Energy Medicine, where she is launching her new Trinfinity 8 Algorithmic Anti-Aging Technology. Good luck, Kathy!

In related news, Rigolatte (pictured below) -- the Local Loon known for spontaneously bursting into song at the drop of a hat -- startled the crowd this morning with a new addition to his repertoire. He sang three back-to-back renditions of the Hallelujah Chorus and giggled for no apparent reason between each one. Now that's what I call Human Interest!


6 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Yup, subtle energy medicine, nothing boring there :o)
zzzzzz......

Mike said...

Who's Kathy? Is she the owner of that Starbucks? If she is I can see her adding her 2 cents. If not STFU.

garnett109 said...

no formaldehyde in a brazilian blow out?
Not blog material.

Beth said...

I am totally laughing out loud, as much at the comments so far as at your entry! I'm sure that Kathy is a very sweet person and means well, but I think she got a bit of a smackdown! Tell Kathy that we love the loons, but we don't think that more than 75% or so of the folks that come through 7th and Montana are loony. Heehee!

Joann said...

Tell Kathy I've lived there... I know you don't make this stuff up!! Keep reporting!!! LOL!!!

Myra said...

You only tell it as you see it! Your cast of characters are "human interest" AND loony! The writer is pretty funny too!