Wednesday, June 24, 2009

MOTHER KNOWS BEST ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

It was a morning of surprises at 7th and Montana today as an Anonymous Matron (pictured below) made the scene pushing a Baby Carriage. At first I assumed, based on her careful, deliberate movements, that her bundle of joy was fast asleep ... but boy was I in for a shock. It turned out she was wheeling around a large block of Styrofoam. "Mamma Mia!," I muttered, "I sure hope she didn't give birth to that." On the other hand, how many parents do you know who can call their child a chip off the old block and really mean it ...?



6 comments:

Beth said...

Haha! I love your captions, Marty!

Ken Riches said...

Unfortunately, styrofoam is not recyclable in most places, so perhaps she is looking to do some illegal dumpster dumping.

garnett109 said...

the baby's father was a packing peanut!

Unknown said...

I guess you do see just about everything down your way!

Lynne said...

Sometimes I feel like I've fallen on the set of a Star Wars episode, when I read your blog, LOL. Strangeness!

Mike said...

Are you telling me you didn't ask her about it.