Wednesday, January 20, 2010

APPY DAYS ARE HERE, AGAIN ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


A Mysterious 'Appy Camper' made the scene at 7th and Montana this morning, determined to make the world a better place through the use of his iPhone. "I just have to show you the coolest new iPhone App," he said. I'd never seen him before and was surprised to learn he was talking to me. "It's called Cause World," he said, "And it lets you steer corporate donations to your favorite causes." "Wow," I said, whipping out my Spycam, "But how did you know I have an iPhone?" "Lucky guess," he said. I guess he was luckier than me ... none of the secret photos I took of him while he was talking came out. As for the Cause World application, he was right. I checked it out this afternoon and it's great. Users earn points by opening the app when they're out shopping and "checking-in" to certain stores. These points, in turn, can be donated in the form of cash to various worthy causes ranging from providing disaster relief in Haiti to planting trees in the rainforest. The cash itself is donated by Cause World sponsors such as Citibank and Kraft Foods. No strings attached!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Wow guess I won't say what I started to but these phones now days do everything.

emikk said...

Seems like a good way to help the world get better!

Ken Riches said...

Sounds like you are a bit rusty on your picture taking skills. Sounds like a cool app, it seems to be the new way to raise funds.

Beth said...

What a great idea! And you actually learned something from one of your "victims!"