Monday, January 11, 2010

THE DASH ... AT CES!


While most of the buzz at CES was dominated by 3D -- it was everywhere you turned -- I think one of the cooler products on display almost fits in the palm of your hand. Sony has announced a new "mini-tablet" called dash™ , a personal Internet viewer which sits on your desk like an alarm clock (it serves as an alarm clock) but does a lot more. All you need is a wireless Internet connection and the device can access more than 1,000 applications including weather and traffic updates, recipes, twitter, facebook, e-mail, videos, music, games and more. I might just get one of these when they come out later this year, depending on the reviews. Meanwhile, speaking of dash, I had to leave Las Vegas in a hurry yesterday, quickly booking an earlier flight than I had originally planned in order to get home in time for a busy new week.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Its amazing what the electronics can do. John and I are still learning to use cell phones. Our company is addicted to their new gadgets that seem to do everything but skip rope.

Bookncoffee said...

Oh my gosh...it's got ME written all over it. So will it keep me out of trouble at work? lol
I won't be surfing on the company puter then. lol

Ken Riches said...

Sounds cool and would make a great travel device.