Friday, January 22, 2010

ONE AWESOME PIECE OF BREAD ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


If you think you had a bad day, consider this: Poor Barista Anthony had to slog his way through a Torrential Rainstorm this morning passing out free pastry samples to passersby. "What's that?," I asked, eyeing his tray suspiciously. "Marble Loaf!," he said, "Want some?" The sample was practically wearing a name tag that said 'Hello: My Name is Partially Hydrogenated.' "Go ahead, you'll like it," Anthony continued, "It combines Vanilla and Chocolate into one awesome piece of bread!" I took a bite and was instantly transported to my youth. "It's just like my late Grandmother used to make!," I said, smiling. In other words, I liked it ... a first for a Starbucks pastry. Maybe I've lost my marbles!

7 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Either you are going soft, or they are finally starting to make something tasty :o)

Joann said...

Hmmm!! I trust you, but I'm STILL SKEPTICAL!! I still think I'll pass, and I don't pass on much!! LOL!!

Rose said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I think I'll pass too. LOL

emikk said...

Is it better than their oatmeal?

Marty said...

OK, confession time, the Marble Loaf was "just OK." But when it comes to baked goods at Starbucks, "just OK" is practically the equivalent of a Michelin Star.

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Anthony said...

all the hype on my marble loaf and no mention of my last day of work huh?? lol just messin with you Marty!