Thursday, February 4, 2010

CHUTZPAH EXTRAORDINAIRE ... ON WEST 57TH!


It was Chutzpah Extraordinaire this morning at the Starbucks on West 57th -- between 8th and 9th Streets in mid-town Manhattan -- as a Local Nerr-do-Well made the scene, intent on hogging-up the one remaining seat without ordering any coffee. It gets better: Shortly after plunking himself down, he looked around to make sure no one was watching, then pulled out a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee from the inside pocket of his overcoat and placed it on the counter. I tell you, some people have no common decency. At least at 7th and Montana we restrict our smuggling activities to baked goods (for obvious reasons ...).

8 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

I'm surprised they didn't chuck him out. (Hugs)Indigo

garnett109 said...

What nerve he has, what no apple fritters?

emikk said...

Can you believe the nerve of that guy!...give me a break today, I deserve it after reading this post about that guy!..Christ already....Bob's yer uncle!...enough already!...OK, I get the message.

Unknown said...

As my Father used to tell my 2 brothers and I;
"Everyone in this life has a purpose. Even the worst of the lot! The Cad,the Nar-do-well and even, the ever present Raging Asshole...Because even they surve the purpose of the best example, of a bad example!"
I, myself, have come to the further conclusion that, "Yes life is like a stage. And we do play many roles. etc-etc...And we have all at one time or another, been that guy taking up space without earning it....to somebody!"...Whoose,hert my head pulling all of that out! Maybe because it came from my heart as well.....Kittie

Anonymous said...

Plenty of seats at Normadie country bakery

Ken Riches said...

Shame someone did not walk by and "accidently" knock his Joe on the floor.

Paula said...

Well I never! I just bought starbucks gift cards for my granddaughters today for Valentine's Day. They like to drink that when they are studying.

emikk said...

I can tell you I've never been that "guy", Kattytrick, Even the thought of it gives me the willies! and that's why I can condemn the hell out of him. Good thing he's in NY, he'd have to travel 3000 miles to beat me up!