Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A MARROW ESCAPE ... IN BARCELONA


It was a Marrow Escape at the breakfast buffet at my hotel in Barcelona this morning as I narrowly missed biting into a Bone Marrow Omelet. Yes, it's true, the delightful creation pictured above was called a Marrow Omelet. Actually, I have reason to believe the chef at this hotel -- not at the restaurant serving the Marrow Omelet but at the fancier Restaurante Evo upstairs -- has a bone to pick with me for other reasons. The other night I inadvertently brought five people there for dinner, even though my reservation was only for four (a fifth had joined us at the last-minute). "Sir, this is a Michelin Star restaurant and this is not how we operate," said the Maitre d'. "When we set a table for four people, we expect four people ... not more, not less." He went on and on. If I were back home, I probably would have left the restaurant, but the reality is, the chef at this restaurant is famous and I did want to taste his cooking. It was delicious. I guess you could say the evening was a bonifide success ...!

6 comments:

Ken Riches said...

You are such a cad, showing up with an extra person, how dare you.

Paula said...

Did the fifth person sit under the table and hope you dropped something?

garnett109 said...

Did they throw that 5th dog a bone?

Unknown said...

Mixed feelings on this one! But I will say this. If the party in question was a friend you were willing to Sup with, they were also worth fighting for thier right to!...What do ya think?

Rose said...

There is always room for one more at any table! I know the fancier the restaurant the snotty they can be and rightfully so at times.

Life is too short. People have to learn to bend a little.

I'm glad you had a 5th at your table. It also rang their register for another meal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emikk said...

They don't let you have it your way so much there do they?