Wednesday, February 3, 2010

FROM STEM TO STERN ... AT 35,000 FEET


The Friendly Skies got a little friendlier this morning, as I boarded a flight to New York -- United #22 -- and, to my surprise, noticed that Howard K. Stern, the controversial attorney-lover of the late Actress-Model Anna Nicole Smith, seemed to be seated behind me. Stern attracted notoriety when he was charged with conspiracy in the delivery of the controlled substances that led to Smith's tragic death in 2007. He was initially granted custody of Smith's newborn daughter, Danielynn, only to fend off a parade of other contenders ranging from on-again off-again boyfriend Larry Birkhead to Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband, Frederic Prinz von Anhalt. DNA testing revealed that Birkhead was the father. Today, it appears that Stern still faces six felony counts and up to five years, eight months in prison for allegedly "enabling" Smith, an addict, to have easy access to controlled substances. Far be it from me to eavesdrop, but thanks to the miracle of modern technology, he seemed to be on the phone with a lawyer as the flight was taking off. Also, thanks to the miracle of modern technology, I'm posting this entry live from my flight. If you have any questions for Howard, post them here and I'll see if I can ask them for you ... without getting my chops busted.

5 comments:

emikk said...

Did he and Zsa Zsa ever hook up?

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that the person your arrow points to is Howard K. Stern? Or is that you? Because that is not Howie.

iloveannanicole said...

That's not Howard. Sorry...

If it were him, I would say that there are tons of people who think those charges are 100% bogus and false and he has lots of supporters behind him...There's a letter at Horizons for him if it hasn't blown away.

But I am 99% sure that's not him. It is hard to be 100% because I'm not there and the angle, but that really doesn't look like Howard K...

Marty said...

Update: I don't think it's him anymore, either. It looked like him when he was boarding and from where I was sitting but once the plane landed, as we were leaving JFK, I noticed that this guy had a bald spot ... which I don't think Howard K. has. So, new opinion: Not him!

Anonymous said...

you're in NY?

Mal