Saturday, June 30, 2007

BATTER UP AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

A Budding Entrepreneur made the scene at 7th and Montana this morning, intent on selling everyone copies of his very own book about baseball.  As he hopped from table-to-table, striking out all the way, his pitch became increasingly frenetic.  "You look like a baseball fan," he said to me, hopefully.  "Not especially," I replied, "Why do you ask?"  He went on to describe the book in riveting detail, positioning it as the ideal gift.  Failing all else, he finally said, "I'm telling you, this book is so good that if you give it to a Baseball Fan, they'll end up reading it in the bathroom and you'll never see them again."  Now that's what I call a "Foul Ball!"         

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he should try over at Bozo's?

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd stop by while I am drinking my Starbucks. I don't like to be SOLD anything but what I am already looking to buy, which I will find on my own & in later life with my seeing eye dog.  I very much dislike(most) people like that guy.  ~ Mary

Anonymous said...

LOL. now that's a book I might have to look into! Bathroom reading is underrated

Anonymous said...

I dislike anyone who enters my personal space flapping flyers and booklets at me trying to convince me that I need something, I instantly go on the offensive and slowly get annoyed like a boiling kettle!!Beckeixx