Saturday, June 16, 2007

SCHOOL'S IN SESSION AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...

                             

It was a lesson in extremes this morning at 7th and Montana as newcomer Carole joined the growing chorus of insiders concerned about the state of our educational system.  Genevieve and Carole -- both veterans of the same School of Hard Knocks -- regaled me with stories of underfunded programs, less-than-feasible salaries and bratty students.  Moments later, Bob and Liz arrived on-the-scene, renewed and refreshed from their volunteer program, where they provided 20 lucky students with free laptop computers.  What gives?  Are we raising a nation of borderline criminals or is our school system filled with little darlings who deserve free computers?  Like everything else, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle ...!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish someone had given me a laptop when I was a kid. Oh wait...they didn't exist yet.
;-) Cin

Anonymous said...

Free laptops? All I got was a free slap for showing my weener to the girls when I was 5 years old! Ahhhh, that's what made me follow the path of Dorothy and the yellow brick road............ TOTO! Come back here !!!!

Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I vistited here via Gaz, your journal is very intereseting and im very nosey so i will be back.I can get your fasination with people, I work in a shop and get to know all the scandal from the estate although i dont think they would appreciate me posting their photos abd gossip online, I would probaly get a smack in the face or worse!!They dont call it ASBO britian for nothing, keep it uo!Beckie, from Britian.