Friday, June 15, 2007

GOODBYE, EUCALYPTUS ...!

                             

Another towering Eucalyptus Tree bit the dust this morning on 7th Street, the victim of a work crew intent on practicing some Eucalyptus Euthanasia.  Given that the tree-in-question looked perfectly healthy, I couldn't help questioning one of the workers on the scene.  "It has to come down," he said as he hacked the specimen to pieces limb-by-limb.  "We found a little mold on its roots."  Be that as it may, I couldn't help wondering if the City is getting a bit too draconian for its own good.  Complete destruction of a tree based on a little mold on its roots?!?  I hate to think what they would do if one our local officials -- such as Our Favorite City Councilman Bobby Shriver or the Governator himself -- contracted a little case of Athletes Foot ...! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you saying they could hack him down too? Oh how awfull, but tough shit though huh?
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Marty. I came over here from Gazker's blog. This really rocks. What a great concept. I feel like I am THERE.
--Cin
http://journals.aol.com/tenyearnap/Passerdomesticus

Anonymous said...

This just makes me want a gingerbread latte.  Why is that seasonal?  I did protest. Not a summer flavor.
<huff
~Mary