Thursday, June 14, 2007

DRIVEN TO DISTRACTION AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

Cheers erupted across Santa Monica this morning as an unidentified driver in a black pick-up truck hit one of the remaining "protective pylons" at 7th and Montana and dragged it hundreds of feet into Our Favorite Parking Lot.  For an encore, he then drove back and forth over the pylon-in-question until it was damaged beyond recognition.  While some claim the incident was merely an accident, I, for one, suspect foul play.  The pylons -- designed to prevent frequent-but-entertaining automotive mishaps at the Curb from Hell -- have incurred the wrath of spectators and auto body repairmen alike ...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm drinking a Starbucks right now, so I thought I'd stop by.  The stock & Peet's Coffee are at a good buying price right now.  Hey, just a girl trying to live by passive income if she can ;-). ~ Mary

Anonymous said...

I did that in the car park the other day! With my coffee between my legs! Not good. Vey dangerous.
Gaz