Friday, July 11, 2008

CONTROVERSY BREWS AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM ...

                             

In keeping with her recent round of Pigeon-Oriented Questions, Beckiepainton from the U.K. sent me a question:  "Have they got pigeons in Disneyland? ... I gotta ask."  A Little Birdie told me that the Magic Kingdom maintains a closed door -- and window -- policy when it come to pigeons.  A sign prominently displayed on the window of my hotel room at the Disneyland Resort reads:  "The birds here are very friendly!  They will fly in and visit if your window is left open.  To prevent this, please keep your window closed."  I think this smacks of discrimination.  Everywhere you turn here at Disneyland, there are animals of every kind ... but there's not a pigeon in sight.  Why should Disney draw the line with birds?  I took my complaint right to the top.

                     

Just one look at the Head Groundskeeper told me everything I needed to know.  Disneyland may be free of pigeons, but it's infested with rodents ...!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well you dont wanna wake up with a beak in your butt lol beckie x

Anonymous said...

I was sitting outside a cafe in Paris once and a pigeon, was sitting on the awning and crapped in my coffee. It went from an Americano, to a Latte in two seconds flat!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

awwww....the pigeons just want a little love tooooo....  ;-P

~Amy

Anonymous said...

send in the snakes

Anonymous said...

LOL  Yep... lots of rodents... but also birds... Daisy and Donald too!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.