Saturday, July 12, 2008

THE SLAP-HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH ...!

I had a "serious decision" to make this morning:  Do I remain in the Magic Kingdom an extra day to explore the park, or do I head home and rejoin the crowd at 7th and Montana?  My friends at Disney gave me free passes to explore the park today but, truth be told, it's been a long week and I've been looking forward to getting home.  So, I high-tailed it back to 7th and Montana, knowing that there was a good chance I could have my cake and eat it, too.  Afterall, as everyone knows, the Parade of Costumed Characters at 7th and Montana on any given day would make any Theme Park proud.  Today was no exception.  First there was "A Boy Named Sue," a fashionable "she-male" sporting a Black Miniskirt, Black Nylons and a Bad Case of Five O'Clock Shadow.  I didn't see "Sue" in person -- he actually made the scene yesterday -- but Robin was kind enough to send me the photo above.  Then there was "Klancy the Klingon."  Klancy and his band of fellow Intergalactic Warriors set-up shop this morning at Palisades Park, where they amused themselves by waving various Klingon Armaments at passersby.  Last but not least, there was "Nature Boy," a man so in love with the Eucalyptus Trees at 7th and Montana that he took a branch, molded it into a crown, and wore it all over the neighborhood.  He was last seen (pictured above) at the Panda Express Chinese Restaurant enjoying a large order of Bean Sprouts.  It's great to be home ...!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disney best watch out, 7th and Montana has so many "adventures" - it might be construed as competition!

Anonymous said...

it seems that 7th and montana is a creepy spot

Anonymous said...

Definitely an eccentric crowd! (hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

That all beats Mickey and the gang by a long shot!  I'm sure as much as you travel that it was so good to be home!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes... costume day in full force at 7th and Montana!  LOL

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever told Sue she looks like a truck driver from behind?
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

is it halloween ?? becki e x

Anonymous said...

You go from one fantasy land to another...never a dull moment!  You must be the ONLY person in the world who ever turned down a free Disneyland pass!!
xoxo ~Myra