Monday, November 17, 2008

THE GREEN-EYED MONSTER STRIKES AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!


Ladies and Gentlemen, the Green-Eyed Monster is alive and well ... and living at 7th and Montana. An Observant Newcomer named Angie noticed that I was getting what she called "special treatment" this morning at Our Favorite Starbucks and loudly announced it for all to hear. The fun began shortly after I arrived at 7:45 a.m. Baristas Tyler and Kenisha said a cheery "Hello" while Nada scrambled to get me my usual Grande Half Caff. Before I even placed my order or made it to the cash register, my coffee was ready and waiting. "Wow," commented Angie, laughing, "That's some treatment. What do I have to do to get special attention like that?!?" Nada, as usual, chimed right in: "You have to get your coffee here more often instead of running across the street (to Marmalade Cafe)," she said. Here's another tip: It doesn't hurt if you quietly take photos of Marmalade customers when they're not looking and ridicule them online, too ...!

9 comments:

Beth said...

I saw your tag line for this...ewww, money and food do not make good bedfellows!

Beth

Lynne said...

LOL, show her the ropes Marty!

Myra said...

Marty, you're getting special treatment?? I'm shocked :)

Joann said...

Maybe Angie will be a new regular!

Joann

barb said...

oh yuck----say i wish you would catch that turkey soon---or let it go!!

emikk said...

This Angie....i don't know 'bout her...she doesn't seem to fit in to the 7th and Montana "lifestyle", i think you should do the "dunk" 'n "donut" transfer on her....for her health and yours!.....sincerely, emikk (ecccch)

garnett109 said...

Should've gave her your latte!
chivalry is dead

Unknown said...

Having several green-eyed monsters in my life, I just smile sweetly, kiss my hubby and sip on my Peppermint Mocha Twist.
Ahhh, yes! it's good to be Queen :)

Saltydawg said...

You getting special treatment would explain why Angie has a face like a like a bulldog chewing a wasp!
Gaz ;-)