Saturday, November 29, 2008

ON SAFARI ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was Raiders of the Lost Art -- of fashion, that is -- at 7th and Montana yesterday as an Anonymous Goofball made the scene disguised as Indiana Jones. "Where does he think he is, the Temple of Doom?," I wondered, "That kind of Safari Hat went out with the Last Crusade." Seriously, someone should tell this guy that we're blocks away from the beach, not in the Sahara Desert. On the other hand, why bother? Something tells me this particular Beach Boy is on safari to stay ...!

7 comments:

emikk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saltydawg said...

Oh Marty............I'm thinking of your mauve jumper you wore, I'm sure on one occasion too. The phrase, people in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones comes to mind? LOLOL
I kinda like his hat and I agree with emikk, get those Barrista's on weeding duties!
Gaz ;-)

garnett109 said...

Looks like he is guarding the dumpster of doom.

Tell "em" to use weed begone

Marty said...

Hi Gaz,
LOL ... you're right: If I'm going to dish it out, I should take it, too! Except I don't have a "mauve jumper" (it's just a crappy blue sweater I wear once in a blue moon). As for the weeds, I don't know how to tell you this but they're not weeds ... it's landscaping, put there deliberately ...!
Best,
Marty

Unknown said...

All that is missing is the camel...
Hugs, Laini

emikk said...

I deleted my previous comment because it might be offensive if taken not in the spirit it was given...i worry about things like that (sometimes). (probably didn't need to worry, tho)

sincerely, worry wart

Marty said...

Hi Emikk (Eric) --
Not to worry regarding your previous comment, it was funny. For anyone who missed it, Eric had pointed out that the photo in this post makes Starbucks look less than classy ... that there's trash all over the place and weeds growing in the background. Can't argue with that one (even if the "weeds" are actually cultivated ...).
Best,
Marty