Tuesday, November 4, 2008

AN OBAMA-NATION ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

It was "Obama Central" at 7th and Montana this morning as hundreds of voters met at dawn to cast their ballots at the Calthorp School on San Vicente, then flocked to Our Favorite Starbucks to compare notes. From the moment I arrived, at 6:30 a.m., it was obvious that the crowd was Decidedly Democratic. I was the third in line, just behind Robb, but the crowd quickly grew and by 7:00 it was like an Enormous Block Party. Many, including Robb, Robin, Kathy and Genevieve, wore Obama T-Shirts or Buttons. As for me, I tried to remain incognito ... and a good thing, too. Shortly after I arrived, I discovered an ill-conceived plot to plaster my balcony with McCain Posters. And that's not all. The Ballot Box "refused" to accept my Ballot despite repeated efforts. As it turned out, I was the first person to submit my Ballot this morning and, evidently, Ace Pollworker Garland Allen -- who was in charge of the Ballot Box -- hadn't quite figured out how it works. He finally got the "silly contraption" to work by removing a stub from my Ballot. I thank you, Garland, as does Judicial Candidate Rocky Crabb who seems to be enjoying a surprising amount of Grassroots Support. Meanwhile, back at Our Favorite Starbucks, Barista David launched a campaign of his own this morning: He's intent on getting everyone to try Starbucks' new "Espresso Truffle Coffee." Truffles in your coffee?!? What an Obamanation ...! For complete 7th and Montana Election Coverage, click here.

9 comments:

barb said...

the lines were too long this am--so we voted late. looks like our vote may have been too little anyhow. we will just have to see, i guess. barb

barb said...

how come i always get the little trash can on my comments???

Beth said...

Well, thank goodness that Rocky Crabb won't have to deal with any legal issues when it comes to the election! I'm sure he's breathing a sigh of relief...

As am I.

(happy dance)

Hugs, Beth

garnett109 said...

There has been no great president since our first one john hanson , it's been down hill since

Myra said...

Precisely why I voted by mail!! Truffles in coffee...now that's just wrong!

emikk said...

Obaman-able!

emikk said...

.....in a good way LOL

Traci said...

Truffles ANYwhere are all right with me!

Saltydawg said...

Thank you America, you did yourself proud!
Gaz :-)