Sunday, January 18, 2009

THE CIRCUS PARADE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Hurry, Hurry, Hurry ... Step Right Up: The Circus is in town at 7th and Montana and, trust me, you don't want to miss a single minute. First-up we have Zoey the Zebra, an attractive young woman (pictured above) who earned her stripes this morning by wearing a Flimsy, Translucent Zebra Dress. Next there's Lottie Leopard, a Misguided Matron who thinks Leopard Pants are in season. "Quick," said Bob, "Get your camera ready, she's heading for the bathroom." "Oh good," I replied, "Maybe if I'm lucky I'll catch her lifting her leg."


Then there's Yucko the Clown, a woman who gave Professional Clowns everywhere a bad name today by wearing a minidress so colorful it looked like Bozo threw-up on her.


And finally, last but not least, there's Enchantra, Mistress of the Occult, a sorceress so dangerous she made what appeared to be an entire box of Fig Newtons disappear this morning in the blink of an eye. Watch your hands, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is said that Enchantra has a certain fondness for finger food ...!


9 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Bucko says that she is not even in the same league :o) Clowns are the saviors of the circus, not the laughing stock like her.

The other wildlife present there today should be thankful they were not eaten by Enchantra.

Beth said...

As I was reading this, all I could hear was that calliope circus music going through my head! Looks like quite an adventurous day!

Hugs, Beth

Myra said...

It just never ends, does it?? Isn't people watching the coolest? Add Marey's poetic commentary, and you've got a hilarious post!

garnett109 said...

What No Spandex man opps they hang out at the carnivals

Anonymous said...

People like that have a sort of manic lure.~Mary

Bookncoffee said...

Always interesting what you will see today! Zebra-wear is really in this year. Around here it's mostly in the handbags. We are always a little behind the fashions. Know where I can find me a shirt like bozo's? Just kidding. If I wear anything other than my neutrals and black, my friends will faint.
Sonya

emikk said...

Marty, you're painting a vivid picture of life that tickles my optical nerves at 7th and Montana that will stay with me for years.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I think they forget what era we're living in. The bold prints were popular in the 70's, early 80's. Then again even then they at least had style. (Hugs)Indigo

Saltydawg said...

If Fig Newtons have the same effect on her as they do me. I wouldn't want to be behind her when she lets rip!
Gaz ;-)