Friday, January 2, 2009

CLEANING-UP ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Ladies and Gentlemen, meet "Herbert," a man-on-a-mission who inexplicably wheeled his Vacuum Cleaner -- a Hoover Soft & Light Upright Model #U4266 -- into Our Favorite Starbucks this morning. At first I wondered whether he was cleaning-up after the Lint Lady, the local eccentric who threw a memorable Conniption Fit last June when she dropped her lint brush on 7th Street. But then, instead of turning his vacuum cleaner on, he merely wheeled it to the Espresso Bar, sucked-up a cappuccino faster than you can say "dust mite," and continued along his merry way. In related news, there was major Sucking-Up in the air today at 7th and Montana as the Starbucks Local District Manager made the scene. Rumor has it that he demonstrated the proper way to hold a Dish Rag.

8 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Only in California Marty :o)

garnett109 said...

Vacuum beats dish rag so herbert hoover wins!

Beth said...

Perhaps it was his trusty companion. I guess you never know when you're going to have to bust some dust!

Saltydawg said...

Maybe it was his girl friend, I've heard a rumour about hoovers putting a smile on a mans face. Of course being a Brit I prefer my trusty Dyson!
Happy New Year to you all.
Gaz ;-)

Myra said...

Was he taking it for a walk? Bizarre...guess you can add him to the cast!

Anonymous said...

And this reminds me that I always spell vacuum wrong. ~Mary

emikk said...

Are you sure it's a Hoover? Looks more like a Kirby to me.

Lynne said...

Maybe it was his ride to work!