Saturday, January 17, 2009

A TASTE OF SUNSET BLVD. ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Eyes were popping at 7th and Montana this morning as a Dead Ringer for silent film "legend" Norma Desmond made the scene, decked-out in a broad-brimmed straw hat over what appeared to be a tightly wound turban and a pair of dark sunglasses. "Holy Cecil B. Demille," I thought, "I haven't seen anything this campy since Sunset Blvd." I whipped out my trusty camera phone and snapped her picture. She turned to me and nodded -- as if to her adoring public -- before heading out the door, towards the beach. Something tells me she was ready for her close-up ...!

8 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Amazing your level of entertainment knowledge, I would never have made the connection :o)

Myra said...

I didn't even know who that was! Good thing you are there to snap the pic, and identify the subject!

emikk said...

I got to commend you Marty for your perspicacity in general and in this instance specifically.

Beth said...

The other day, you wrote that you were going to comment on one of my entries about throwing the baby out with the bath water, when you realized that was the title of my entry.

As soon as I saw Sunset Blvd and Norma Desmond, I was going to comment that your recent visitor was ready for her closeup, but you beat me to the punch! :)

Hugs, Beth

Saltydawg said...

As we say here, she's as camp as a row of tents!
Gaz ;-)

garnett109 said...

I was going with the Kathrine Hepburn look

Unknown said...

Never a dull moment :)

Lynne said...

I had to follow the link, way before my time and yours! Your a great entertainment history buff. Amazing!