Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS ...!


They say "What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas" but I think I'll share what happened today, anyway, because it's just so interesting. I met two bloggers, a husband and wife team -- Ken and Beth -- who have been reading my blog. I, in turn, have been reading theirs, as well, and have come to look forward to their updates from the home they call Nutwood Junction in Indiana. Through our blogs, we found out that we were going to be in Las Vegas at the same time, so we agreed to meet in person. I must say, they're both as nice -- and interesting -- in person as they are in Cyberspace. For my part, I felt a responsibility to deliver a message from the gang at 7th and Montana: "We're not all as crazy as you might think." Don't ask me why, but some people think I've given the world the impression that Our Favorite Starbucks is filled with Lunatics. Anyhow, our get-together was a Big Success except for one Little Glitch. Beth asked me to explain why I call the monstrosity at 7th and San Vicente "Casa del Bozo." "Well," I said, "It's such an eyesore with all its twists and turns and rusting metal that I can't imagine anyone but a clown living there." Little did I realize, Ken -- in a "previous life" -- was a Professional Clown. What can I say, except that "I'm sorry" and I was just clowning around ...!
UPDATE: Here's a link to Beth's version of the encounter: Nutwood Junction: Meet and Greet.

10 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm sure Ken was okay, LOL. That's cool that you were able to enjoy a visit.

garnett109 said...

That clown looked scarey on 7th and san vicente

Myra said...

How funny!! I am so glad you guys had a chance to meet...so exciting to put bodies to the dashboards! Have a great time at the electronic show. BTW, the "adult" industry also has their convention in LV...coincidence?? Hmmm...me thinks not :)

Traci said...

Sounds like fun! I like meeting blogging people in person! I thought of you yesterday when they were talking about the convention on tv.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I'm delighted that 3 of my blogging friends got a chance to meet up in Vegas. Jealous as all get out, but still happy for each of you. Who knows maybe someday we can collaborate on a meeting of blog friends for an annual get together. (Hugs)Indigo

emikk said...

I, as well, think it's great that you have an oppurtunity to meet each other in person....if for no other reason than to verify that you are in fact 3 dimensional. You must be having a friggin' blast out there, I'm envious.

Joann said...

Oh, I'm sure you couldn't offend Ken. I'm glad that you all had the chance to meet!!

Beth said...

Hi Marty!

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you! It was great to talk with you and get to know you a little better. When we take our Route 66 trip, I'll look forward to the terminus, Santa Monica, and meeting up with you again...perhaps at 7th and Montana where we might be lucky enough to encounter a wackadoo or two! ;)

Thanks for a great visit!

Love, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Do not fret Marty, Bucko has even thicker skin than I do. No offense taken :o) As I say, don't dish it out if you can't take it. It was great meeting you, and I will definitely be looking for the info between the lines.

Saltydawg said...

All this time I've been thinking that your Starbucks is filled with complete nutters. Doah, ya ruined it for me now.
Great you met up with Ken and Beth, I had no idea they were married!
Gaz