Sunday, January 11, 2009

THE RETURN OF THE CPA ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was a Warm Welcome Home this morning at 7th and Montana as I returned home to 78-degree temperatures and balmy, summer-like conditions. But, despite the beautiful weather, not everyone was Particularly Warm. Shortly after I made the scene, "the Accountant" -- known for spreading his files all over Our Favorite Starbucks -- tapped me on the shoulder. Our conversation went something like this:
The Accountant: Can I have your table?
Me: No.
The Accountant: Are you leaving anytime soon?
Me: No.
The Accountant: Could you let me know if you plan on leaving?
Me: Perhaps.
Minutes later, Kathy and Robin joined me. As for the Accountant, he stood there glowering until another table finally opened up. I deliberately waited until he was already seated before heading outside. I guess he's not the only CPA -- Certified Public Antagonist -- in town today!

9 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Quite a scowl on that one, and a streak of good nasty from our Marty :o)

Saltydawg said...

He looks rather strange in that outfit too. Japanese, or maybe a communist!
Gaz ;-)

Myra said...

I've seen people spread books, computer, files, etc. on tables at Starbucks...like they own the place! What nerve!

garnett109 said...

I'd watch yourself there big guy I've seen his face at the post office and it was not on a book of stamps it was on the ten most wanted list they call him fritter the west coast strangler

emikk said...

Certified Public Asshole if you ask me..sorry for being so blunt but I've had run ins with this type before and it wasn't pretty, they bring everybody down with their "drabness."

Beth said...

Way to go on the passive aggressiveness thing, Marty! There is great satisfaction in dealing with that kind of person in such a manner. I hope you flashed him a smile as you left! :)

Hugs, Beth

P.S. Glad you made it home safely!

Sage Ravenwood said...

The rudeness of some people never ceases to amaze me. What makes him think he was more worthy than you to sit at that table? Some people truly do need to be taken down a notch or two. (Hugs)Indigo

Unknown said...

Here in the South, we call that man's behavour rude.
Laini :)

Traci said...

Gotta love grumpy ol' men!